Sunday, May 18, 2008

We Have A Winner

I'm so pleased that my daughter is going to grow up in a world where this is normal.

Indy racing is the one sport I've always enjoyed. I have vivid memories of watching the Indy 500 with my dad, and cheering the Unser boys and wearing an AJ Foyt T-shirt. It's the one sports event I try to watch every year, and Emma and I had fun watching it last year when another woman driver, Milka, crashed. Emma was rooting for Milka and later that same day, she crashed on her tricycle and excitedly cried that she was now just like Milka!

We'll be cheering for Danica this year. Emma sang a song this morning that went something like this: "I love Danica, she won a trophy just like me!" Emma got a trophy for her ballet recital yesterday, so she and Danica have something in common, you see. And Emma declared that she wants to dress up like Danica for Halloween. Better start shopping for a jumpsuit and helmet. Maybe Shaw can be Emma's pit crew.

No comments: