Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Fashion Sense

Growing up, I thought frilly shirts were cool. After all, look at what folks were wearing to the prom.

(Please note that while I did wear a powder blue suit to prom, it was not a tux and I did not have a frilly shirt.) UPDATE: Evidence of my actual prom outfit.

The tv shows I grew up on were no help as far as defining a palatable fashion sense. This guy looked great in frilly shirts. And he could travel in time!


Then he turned into this guy.


Bret Maverick was really cool with his frilly shirt and black frock coat.


Everything I learned about sideburns came from these guys.

My favorite author didn't help matters on the sideburns issue.

I could go on and on.

I guess I was just doomed.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

(sorry - previous comment had a misspelled word)

You were indeed dashing in your powder blue suit with no frilly shirt - do you remember posing for pictures a la the Sears catalog?

That Neil Guy said...

Why yes. Yes I do remember. I probably have those photos around somewhere...