Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Quantum Zoo

I've accepted the Blogging A to Z Challenge. All month, I'm going to blog about Books from A to Z.

I read a lot.
The Quantum Zoo: A Tourist's Guide to the Never-Ending Universe
Sometime I read the same kind of stuff over and over again. And it still has a hard time sticking in my brain.

Take The Quantum Zoo. I remember thinking it was a great little introduction to the unfathomably strange world of quantum mechanics.

Of course, I'd already read other introductions to quantum mechanics, primarily in various Asimov collections. And I'd read lots of interesting material on some of the people behind quantum mechanics - in particular, the brilliant biography of Richard Feynman, Genius.

But, no, I still don't really understand quantum mechanics. Then again, who does?

No comments: